Thursday 17 September 2015

Maiden Machakos Ride

The ride with the most footage and that nasty fall.

Hello MTBers,

I am back....sorry for the silence and the inactive blog that is yet to start off. This will change.

D-day: 13th June 2015
Venue: Machakos
Gang: Peter Ngugi, Peter Nguhiu, Ingrid, Myself (Kubai)
Ride: 32.2km, 733m climbing, 5 hours (very slow)

Surprisingly we all kept time....unlike the Naivasha ride. This will be share in detail soon (The Hellish Ride). It was bound to be an epic ride after we drove into someone's compound parked and off loaded the bikes then went to ask for permission. This in the land of juju took guts! 

It was majorly an exploratory ride after all the rides Alex the great has done in the region and hence baptized it "Mountain Biking Heaven". We just had to go explore the area under the leadership of the very blind Ngugi who makes up the map as we go...but hey, it would not be an adventure if everything was cast in stone.

I took this opportunity to test my Polaroid x100i action camera extensively. The footage was sweet and captured the moment I got my 'Higher Diploma' in falling while at high speed. To imagine we only conquered one of the many Masaku Hills, you bet we shall be back.

The Machakos Ride on Strava is available HERE

The Machakos Ride on Youtube are available HERE


Here is the fall however, look out for the nasty laugh at the end of the ride.

Polaroid pics...really great perspective








This terrain was to die for. Machakos rocks!










The Bush Mechanic (Peter Ngugi) really sorted me out after the fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike?!!

I recently let go of my first bike! A bike that never let me down despite being second hand. A bike I dearly cared for and treated like a ...